Tuesday, June 9, 2009

circus of dreams

As my sweet Gramma Dorothy pointed out, I haven't posted anything about the wedding dress I made for my friend Halligan.  This is mostly because I didn't take any photos!  I was so good about packing my camera, my battery charger, and the battery in my duffel bag, and then brought the camera--sans battery--to the wedding.  Typical.  So, thank you Kyle Fisher, Afton Waring, Ken Brenner, and Katie Miller for these photos I have swiped from Facebook.  The requests of the bride for the dress were that it be short, poofy, and simple (no lace, no satin).  So I added a little detailing by creating this inverted scallop ruffle, the technique taken from this wonderful book The Art of Manipulating Fabric that I...borrowed from Ginny, semi-permanently...  





Oh, and here are some much better photos on Once Wed.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous dress!!! You are so talented!

Anonymous said...

Awesome dress and the coolest wedding i've EVER seen! Love it!

"hi, i'm ginnybranch stelling and i love love." said...

woo hoo! to the dress. the bolero. oh and to you staying in NYC!!!!!!!!!!

umama said...

This dress was amazing and adorable... lucky friend!

스페이스캣 said...

lovely dress.